The office of Continuing Pharmacy Education provides high-quality, evidence-based educational opportunities for pharmacists and technicians.
FOSTERING CONTINUING EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT
The CPE Office plans, implements, and evaluates educational activities that advance professional competence, foster continuing professional development, and optimize patient-centered care and healthcare delivery.
Top 5 Ranked College of Pharmacy
In addition to being ranked in the Top 5 nationally, UF continues to maintain its No. 1 ranking among pharmacy colleges in Florida and is in the top ten for pharmacy programs overall.
The University of Florida
The University of Florida was the first Florida school to break into the US News Report top 10 public school rankings. As of the 2020 report UF ranks at No. 6 for public schools and in the top five for online graduate programs.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy Office of Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) provides high-quality, educational opportunities for Florida pharmacists to meet licensure requirements and improve their professional knowledge of patient-centered care in diverse practice settings.
Our office assists pharmacists and technicians in maintaining and enhancing their professional competence across various practice settings by offering CPE activities that enable pharmacists and technicians to:
- Identify and address the educational needs of pharmacists as related to providing medication therapy across diverse settings of care.
- Improve pharmacists’ knowledge of pharmacy practice and patient-centered care;
- Provide continuing education programs that enable pharmacists to meet all State of Florida licensure requirements;
- Provide innovative continuing education programs in diverse and emerging practice or specialty areas (e.g., pharmacogenomics, Board of Pharmacy Specialties) to provide professional specialization and advancement opportunities for pharmacists;
- Provide educational activities in an interactive format that encourages learner participation and facilitates improved learning and knowledge retention.
- Provide educational activities which are evidence-based and provide pharmacists with professionally guidelines and standards of care.
- Provide educational activities that are fair-balanced and void of commercial influence.
- Cultivate partnerships with organizations offering targeted education where there is an unmet need.
The CPE Office is committed to developing educational activities aligned with our mission and goals and consistent with identified knowledge, skill, or practice gaps for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. We identify and prioritize educational needs through collection and analysis of learner self-reported data, needs assessment surveys, feedback from activity evaluations, professional horizon scanning, and consultation with content experts.
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.