- Intended Audience: Pharmacists interested in precision medicine
- Universal Activity Number: 0012-0000-20-032-H04-P
- Contact Hours: 3
- Program Fees: 50.00
- Dates Available: 05/06/2020 – 05/06/2023
- Activity Type: Knowledge
This program wil focus on the emerging trends and hot topics in precision medicine for oncology. Current testing and clinical trial designs will be discussed with leading experts in the field discussing what the future holds. Content is based on the Precision Medicine Conference hosted February 2020.
This course is approved by the Florida Board of Pharmacy for 3 consultant recertification hours.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the current state of knowledge and emerging trends in precision medicine across a broad range of therapeutic areas including pharmacogenomics, preventive disease risk assessment, universal genomic screening, newborn screening, precision oncology, and the use of microbial genomics in infection control.
- Demonstrate the regulatory oversight and need for application of evidence-based medicine principles in precision medicine and clinical pharmacogenomics.
- Describe challenges and solutions for the application of precision medicine in patient care.
- Compare and contrast approaches to implementing precision medicine in a variety of clinical settings.
The following speakers, reviewers, and planning committee members have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial disclosures. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
- Pamela Trapane, M.D.
- Alexander Parker, Ph.D., M.S.
- Sanjay P. Bargaria, M.D.
The following speakers, reviewers, and planning committee members have disclosed the following:
- Barbara Conley, M.D. has disclosed that she was a consultant for National Cancer Institute until October 31, 2019.
Schedule of Activities and Requirements for Successful Course Completion
Review the course material, receive a 70% or higher on the post-test, and submit a course evaluation.
Please review the resources below before registering for the course.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.