Clinical Application of Pharmacogenomics in Education and Training
Kristin Weitzel, Pharm.D., CDE, FAPhA
Associate Director, UF Health Personalized Medicine Program
Director, Continuing Pharmacy Education
Editor-in-Chief, Pharmacy Today
Clinical Professor, Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research
University of Florida
Susanne Haga, Ph.D.
Associate Professor in Population Health Sciences
Duke Center for Applied Genomics & Precision Medicine
Duke University School of Medicine
Megan Arwood, Pharm.D., BCPS
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research
University of Florida
ACPE University Activity Number
01/01/2018 – 01/01/2021
This activity will summarize education and training in pharmacogenomics.
Taking a Novel Approach: Update on Innovations in Pharmacogenetics Education
- Define the need for patient-centered teaching approaches in pharmacogenetics.
- Summarize recent innovations in pharmacogenetics teaching and learning strategies.
- Identify examples of novel teaching methods and resources for patient-centered teaching in clinical pharmacogenetics
Educating Patients and Providers in Clinical Pharmacogenetics: Efficient and Effective Strategies
- Summarize needs and strategies for patient and provider education in pharmacogenetics.
- Identify legal, ethical, and other factors that influence the scope and process of patient education for pharmacogenetic testing.
- Identify barriers to adoption of precision medicine and educational approaches to address these barriers.
- Discuss resources for patient and provider education in pharmacogenetics.
Schedule of Activities
View the recorded lectures and complete a post-test.
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
View recorded lectures, receive a 70% or higher on final exam and complete course evaluation.
Program Financial Support
This course received no outside funding support.
Acknowledgement and Disclosures
Kristin Weitzel, Pharm.D., CDE, FAPhA has disclosed that she has no relevant financial disclosures. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
Megan Arwood, Pharm.D., BCPS has disclosed that she has no relevant financial disclosures. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
Computer and Internet access are required to complete this course. Course content is provided via Canvas.
The minimum hardware, software, and Internet requirements for Canvas can be found here.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy will report credit to CPE Monitor and CE Broker when applicable. If you would like a paper statement of credit, you may print it from your NABP e-profile.
This course in its entirety is copyrighted by the University of Florida Continuing Pharmacy Education and may not be duplicated or reproduced for any other purpose without specific written permission.
For questions or more information, please contact our office.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.