The Validation of Prescriptions for Controlled Substances
ACPE Universal Activity Number
Brian A. Kahan, R.Ph., J.D.
This 2-hour written program complies with the mandatory continuing education requirements of Florida Board of Pharmacy’s Administrative Rule 64B16-27.831 and includes information to facilitate pharmacists’ use of sound professional judgment when dispensing controlled substances.
- Explain the importance of access to controlled substances for all patients with a valid prescription
- Review and recognize proper use of the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program’s Database
- Identify and describe the methodology for determining the validity of prescriptions for controlled substances
- State and identify the laws and rules related to the prescribing and dispensing of controlled substances
- Describe best practices for the assessment of prescriptions for appropriate therapeutic value
Schedule of Activities
View the video and read the supplemental documents.
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
View the video, receive 70% or higher on the post-test, and submit a course evaluation.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy will report CPE credit to CPE Monitor and CE Broker when applicable. If you would like a paper statement of credit, you may print it from your NABP e-profile.
Program Financial Support
This course received no outside funding support.
Computer and Internet access are required to complete this course. Course content is provided via Canvas.
The minimum hardware, software, and Internet requirements for Canvas can be found here.
This course in its entirety is copyrighted by RxLaw and may not be duplicated or reproduced for any other purpose without specific written permission.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.