Continuing Pharmacy Education programs on precision medicine and pharmacogenomics are available through the UF College of Pharmacy Office of Continuing Education. Available courses include a self-paced, fully online pharmacist certificate program, recordings from the 2019 and 2020 UF Precision Medicine Conference, and short courses on selected pharmacogenomics topics, including drug metabolism, oncology, adverse drug reactions, electronic health records, and clinical implementation of pharmacogenomics.
UF Precision Medicine Conference 2019 Recordings
This program focuses on equipping pharmacists & consultant pharmacists to translate pharmacogenomics science into daily practice. Renowned speakers provide practice insight on individualizing drug therapy, laboratory testing, reimbursement and other emerging precision medicine topics. Note: This program is accredited as Precision Medicine Implementation and will appear as such on your records.
- Precision Medicine Implementation
- 15 Credit Hours | $299.00 | Home Study
This course will summarize the principles of drug metabolism pharmacogenetics and genetic medicine.
- Pharmacogenomics Primer
- 3 Credit Hours | $25.00 | Home Study
Clinical Application of Pharmacogenomics in Education and Training
This course will discuss patient-centered teaching approaches in pharmaogenetics.
- Clinical Application of Pharmacogenomics in Education and Training
- 1.75 Credit Hours | $15.00 | Home Study
Clinical Application of Pharmacogenomics in Oncology, Adverse Reactions, and Electronic Health Records
This course will discuss clinical implications of genetic variability in oncology pharmacotherapy and patient-specific, genetic, and other factors that inform drug therapy changes in oncology
- Clinical Application of Pharmacogenomics in Oncology, Adverse Reactions, and Electronic Health Records
- 1.5 Credit Hours | $15.00 | Home Study
Clinical Implementations of Pharmacogenomics
This course will summarize how to develop a clinical pharmacogenetic service, test and reimburse for pharmacogenetic results, and design electronic and written documentation.
- Clinical Implementations of Pharmacogenomics
- 2.5 Credit Hours | $25.00 | Home Study
Coming Soon! Online Clinical Pharmacogenomics Certifcate Program
- This 15-credit hour continuing education course is fully online and provides foundational science, pharmacogenomics knowledge, and principles of clinical implementation for pharmacists. This self-paced, fully online course will be available in Summer 2020. Sign up to receive an email when this course is available.
Coming Soon! 2020 UF Precision Medicine Conference Recordings
- The 2020 UF Precision Medicine Conference took place in February in Orlando, Florida and includes presentations by leaders who are highly regarded in the fields of pharmacogenomics and genomic medicine. Recorded content will be available May 2020 and is accredited for 11 contact hours of CPE. Sign up to receive an email when this course is available.