Am I eligible to become a consultant pharmacist in Florida?
Florida pharmacists with active licenses that are in good standing are eligible to become consultant pharmacists.
What are the requirements to become a consultant pharmacist?
- Hold a license as a pharmacist which is active and in good standing
- Successfully complete a consultant pharmacist course of no fewer than twelve (12) hours
- This program must be sponsored by an accredited college of pharmacy located within the State of Florida, and approved by the Florida Board of Pharmacy Tripartite Continuing Education Committee.
- Successfully complete a period of assessment and evaluation under the supervision of a preceptor within one (1) year of completion of the course set forth in paragraph (2) above.
- This period of assessment must be completed within 3 months of your first time working with your preceptor.
- Preceptors must meet the requirements set forth in Rule 64B16-26.300(4), Florida Administrative Code. This period of assessment and evaluation shall be completed over no more than three (3) consecutive months
What are the requirements for the consultant pharmacist preceptor?
- Be a consultant pharmacist of record at an institutional pharmacy which is required to have a consultant pharmacist
- Have a minimum of one (1) year of experience as a consultant pharmacist of record.
- Maintain all pharmacist licenses in good standing with the Board.
- Not act as a preceptor to more than two (2) applicants at the same time.
Supervision hours completed under a consultant pharmacist who does not meet the above requirements will not be accepted.
Will your office provide a list of preceptors?
No. Securing a consultant pharmacist to complete your preceptorship with is the responsibility of the potential consultant pharmacist.
What is the course attire?
Business casual. We recommend that you bring a sweater or jacket in the event that the room is cooler than you prefer.
Is there any pre-coursework that needs to be completed?
No. All of the coursework will be completed during the live class.
What should I bring with me to the course?
Something to write with. You will be provided with a course workbook to take notes with during the lecture.
Where can I find information about the hotel room block?
Our travel page includes our hotel room block information.
What does time is check-in?
7:30am. Coffee and refreshments will be provided.
What time does the course start?
Will lunch be provided?
How many attempts do I have to pass the exam?
You have two attempts to pass the exam.
What happens if I do not pass the exam on the first attempt?
Our office will contact you and provide you an option to take the exam with ProcturU. A $75.00 fee will be incurred.
What happens if I do not pass the exam on the second attempt?
You will have to re-enroll in the course.
If I am enrolled in the initial course, can I apply the credit toward my Florida license?
Credit can only be used to meet the requirements to apply to become a consultant pharmacist or for general CE hours for your Florida license but not both.
You will indicate on the evaluation how to choose to use credit. Credit will be reported to CPE Monitor for those who hold licenses in multiple states.
Do I have to complete the evaluation?
Individuals who do not complete the evaluation will not receive course credit or a certificate.
How long do I have to complete the evaluation?
15 days from the day the evaluation was distributed.
What are the requirements to renew my consultant pharmacist license?
You must complete 24 hours of continuing education coursework approved by the FBOP for consultant pharmacist license recertification. For more information visit the FBOP consultant pharmacist license renewal page.