This program is intended for licensed consultant pharmacists seeking continuing education for licensure renewal. This course will provide a review of regulatory requirements and clinical knowledge necessary to practice as a consultant pharmacist in the state of Florida.
The Consultant Pharmacist Recertification Program provides the foundational knowledge to practice as a consultant pharmacist of record in various practice settings, such as skilled nursing facilities, long-term care facilities and hospital systems in the state of Florida. The course also gives insight on establishing a Collaborative Practice Agreement with a supervising physician in the state of Florida. Explore expanding your consulting practice by testing and treating for minor, non-chronic health conditions under an established written protocol. Learn from experts in the field about regulatory requirements, policies and procedures, and day-to-day practice. Knowledge gained from this program will provide a valuable foundational refresher as well as provide opportunities on how to enhance your consulting pharmacy practice.
- Target Audience: This program is intended for licensed consultant pharmacists seeking continuing education for licensure renewal.
- Universal Activity Number: 0012-0000-21-018-H04-P
- Contact Hours: 15 contact hours of ACPE continuing education for pharmacist for initial licensure; approved by the Florida Board of Pharmacy to meet requirements pursuant to Section 465.0125, Florida Statutes, and Rule 64B16-26.300, Florida Administrative Code.
- Program Fees: $349.00 for recertification
- Activity Type: Application
- Dates Available: 03/15/2021 – 03/15/2024
This self-paced, fully online program program is intended for licensed consultant pharmacists seeking continuing education for licensure renewal. This course will provide a review of regulatory requirements and clinical knowledge necessary to practice as a consultant pharmacist in the state of Florida.
Visit the Florida Board of Pharmacy website to view a full list of requirements to become renew your consultant pharmacist license in the State of Florida.
How to Complete the Online Program
- View all the recorded lectures and read the required readings in the five modules. Module 1: Introduction
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Long-Term Care
- Module 3: Hospital Systems
- Module 4: Collaborative Practice Agreements & Test and Treat
- Module 5: Practical Application
Each modules includes a list of supplemental readings and practical application case assignments and/or quizzes. The final assessment for the course is online in a multiple-choice question format. This assessment will gauge the learner’s knowledge and ability to apply the content learned in the course modules. The learner will have two opportunities to pass the final online assessment with a minimum score of 70%. This assessment will not be timed and is open-book. This program will not be considered complete until the learner passes the final assessment. The learner will have 24 weeks to complete the program beginning from the date of registration.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the regulatory authorities, licensure requirements and facility permits necessary for consultant pharmacy services in the state of Florida.
- Understand standards, accreditation and survey processes that apply to hospital consultant pharmacy practice.
- Understand federal indicators and survey processes that apply to long term care consultant pharmacy practice.
- Perform a Medication Regimen Review and document and communicate findings to the facility health care team.
- Describe the administrative roles of the consultant pharmacist and policy and procedures necessary for consultant pharmacy practice settings.
- Describe the professional responsibilities and clinical skills of the consultant pharmacist in various practice settings.
- Understand Collaborative Practice Agreements in the State of Florida, including laws, regulations, barriers and benefits.
- Discuss the skills necessary to perform patient assessments and identify appropriate testing for treatment of specific conditions.
Participants will have the opportunity to select one of the following credit reporting options listed. To receive credit, participants must pass the online program evaluation with 70% or more and complete the online evaluation.
- Recertification credit: Credit will be applied to your consultant pharmacist license upon successful course completion (e.g., passing the final examination with 70% or higher). Visit the Florida Board of Pharmacy website to view a full list of requirements to become renew your consultant pharmacist license in the State of Florida.
- General contact hours: Credit will be applied to your Florida License and your NABP e-profile ID only and cannot be used for recertification licensure.
Please review the resources below before registering for the course.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.