Due to recent changes of certification guidelines, registration for the Consultant Pharmacist certification is closed. Our office is currently working to update course material to meet new standards – please check back for updated course information and for open registration.
The Consultant Pharmacist Certification Program provides you with the foundational knowledge to become a consultant pharmacist of record in a variety of practice settings such as nursing homes, long-term care facilities and hospital systems in the State of Florida. Learn from experts in the field surrounding regulatory requirements, policies and procedures, and day-to-day practice. Content learned can be directly applied to practice and will give you the insight required to become a consultant pharmacist of record. Knowledge gained from this program will prepare pharmacists to become licensed consultant pharmacists and provide a valuable foundational refresher for those licensed Consultant Pharmacists.
- Target Audience: This program is intended for licensed Florida pharmacists who wish to become licensed as a consultant pharmacist and for consultant pharmacists who are seeking licensure recertification credit to maintain their Florida consultant pharmacist license.
- Program Fees: $449.00 for initial licensure; $349.00 for recertification
- Activity Type: Application
- Contact Hours: 20 contact hours for initial licensure; 12 contact hours for recertification
This self-paced, online program will provide insight into regulatory requirements and clinical knowledge necessary to practice as a consultant pharmacist in the State of Florida.
How to Complete the Online Program
- View all the recorded lectures in the four modules.
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Long-Term Care
- Module 3: Hospital Systems
- Module 4: Practical Application
- Read the required readings associated with each lecture.
- Complete the post-course examination.
- The examination is 50 questions for initial licensure
- The examination is 25 questions for recertification
- Provide your feedback on the online program evaluation.
- Pharmacists are given 24 weeks from the date of registration to complete the program.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the regulatory authorities, licensure requirements and facility permits necessary for consultant pharmacy services in the state of Florida.
- Understand standards, accreditation and survey processes that apply to hospital consultant pharmacy practice.
- Understand federal indicators and survey processes that apply to long term care consultant pharmacy practice.
- Describe the administrative roles of the consultant pharmacist and policy and procedures necessary for consultant pharmacy practice settings.
- Describe the professional responsibilities and clinical skills of the consultant pharmacist in various practice settings.
Universal Activity Numbers
Initial Consultant Certification:
- 0012-0000-20-003-H04-P, 8 Contact Hours
- 0012-0000-20-004-H04-P, 8 Contact Hours
Recertification Consultant Certification
- 0012-0000-20-005-H04-P, 8 Contact Hours
- 0012-0000-20-006-H04-P, 4 Contact Hours
Participants will have the opportunity to select one of the following credit reporting options listed. To receive credit, participants must pass the online program evaluation wihth 70% or more and complete the online evaluation.
- Initial consultant licensure: Credit will not be applied toward your general Florida License. A Certificate of Completion will be provided after you successfully pass the online program evaluation with 70% or more. You can use this certificate to submit as part of your application to apply to become a licensed Consultant Pharmacist in Florida. The Office of Continuing Pharmacy Education can mail you a printed certificate of completion for an additional $25.00. Contact us for more information.
- Recertification credit: Credit will be applied to your consultant pharmacist license upon successful course completion (e.g., passing the final examination with 70% or higher).
- General contact hours: Credit will be applied to your Florida License and your NABP e-profile ID only and cannot be used for initial or recertification licensure.
This course received no financial program support.
This course in its entirety is copyrighted by the University of Florida Continuing Pharmacy Education and may not be duplicated or reproduced for any other purpose without specific written permission.
Have a question? We can help!
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.