New Fully Online Course Format
Our office has been working hard in recent weeks to make our Consultant Pharmacist Certification Program fully available in an online environment in support of continued social distancing requirements. This unprecedented global situation has created new challenges and opportunities. We are pleased to announce new options for self-paced online completion of the consultant pharmacists initial and recertification programs.
We appreciate your willingness to adapt to these changes as we strive to continue to meet your continuing pharmacy education needs.
About the Self-Paced, Online Program
The live, in-person course offering is now available as an online, self-paced continuing education program for initial and recertification licensure. This program meets the requirements of the Florida Board of Pharmacy for consultant pharmacy and is approved for 16 home-based CPE hours of initial licensure and 12 home-based CPE hours of recertification credit.
- Target Audience: This program is intended for licensed Florida pharmacists who wish to become licensed as a consultant pharmacist and for consultant pharmacists who are seeking licensure recertification credit to maintain their Florida consultant pharmacist license.
- Program Fees: $449.00 for initial licensure; $349.00 for recertification
- Activity Type: Application
- Contact Hours: 16 contact hours for initial licensure; 12 contact hours for recertification
This program is intended for pharmacists seeking to become Florida licensed consultant pharmacists, as well as consultant pharmacists seeking continuing education for licensure renewal. This course will provide insight into regulatory requirements and clinical knowledge necessary to practice as a consultant pharmacist in the state of Florida.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the regulatory authorities, licensure requirements and facility permits necessary for consultant pharmacy services in the state of Florida.
- Understand standards, accreditation and survey processes that apply to hospital consultant pharmacy practice.
- Understand federal indicators and survey processes that apply to long term care consultant pharmacy practice.
- Describe the administrative roles of the consultant pharmacist and policy and procedures necessary for consultant pharmacy practice settings.
- Describe the professional responsibilities and clinical skills of the consultant pharmacist in various practice settings.