This program is intended for pharmacists seeking to become Florida licensed consultant pharmacists, as well as consultant pharmacists seeking continuing education for licensure renewal. This course will provide insight into regulatory requirements and clinical knowledge necessary to practice as a consultant pharmacist in the state of Florida.
What to Expect
- Program content focuses on real-world successes, challenges, approaches, and techniques to prepare the pharmacist to become consultant pharmacist of record in a variety of practice settings.
- Action-packed agenda facilitated by content experts with multi-disciplinary backgrounds in Consultant Pharmacy.
- Explore “A Day in the Life” of a Consultant Pharmacist through interactive patient cases that simulate real-world practice situations.
- Program content that addresses the administrative and clinical responsibilities.
- Review the administrative roles, professional responsibilities, accreditation, facility and licensure requirements.
New in 2020!
- Half-day program on Saturday that includes “A Day in the Life” simulation activity that walks participants through the daily roles and responsibilities of a consultant pharmacist.
- Online post-examination for initial Consultant Pharmacist Certification.
- Access to program slides and educational materials prior to the start of the program.
Day 1 Agenda
|8:00-8:30 AM||Regulatory Authorities|
|8:30-9:00 AM||Licensure Requirements|
|9:00-9:30 AM||Facility Permits|
|9:30-10:15 AM||Accreditation Standards in the Hospital
|10:30-11:15 AM||Accreditation Standards in the Nursing Homes|
|11:15 AM-12:15 PM||Professional Responsibilities in the Hospital|
|12:15-1:00 PM||Lunch Break *Lunch will not be provided for Miramar course|
|1:00-1:45 PM||Administrative Roles in the Hospital|
|1:45-2:30 PM||Policies and Procedures in the Hospital|
|2:45-3:45 PM||Professional Responsibilities in Long-Term Care
|3:45-4:30 PM||Administrative Roles in Long-Term Care
|4:30-5:15 PM||Policies & Procedures in Long-Term Care
Day 2 Agenda
|8:00-9:00 AM||Describe the "not so typical" of a consultant pharmacist
|9:00-10:00 AM||Problem Solving Cases and Discussion|
|10:15-10:45 AM||Medication Regimen Review and Practice|
|10:45-11:45 AM||Preparing Facilities for Surveys / Staying Current
|11:45-12:15 PM||Course Summary|
|Initial certification attendees must complete the online examination within one week|
*The University of Florida Office of Continuing Pharmacy Education reserves the right to change the program agenda.