- Intended Audience: Pharmacists interested in endocrinology and bone health conditions
- Universal Activity Number: 0012-0000-23-032-H99-P
- Contact Hours: 6.5 Consultant Recertification/General hours of ACPE continuing education for pharmacists
- Program Fees:
- Regular Registration: $110.00
- UF Preceptor/Career Coach: $90.00
- UF COP Faculty: $80.00
- UAN Release Date: 11/01/2023
- UAN Expiration Date: 11/01/2026
- Activity Type: Knowledge
- Program Support: No outside financial support was provided.
- Format Type: This course is self-paced, fully online.
- Time to Complete: All coursework must be completed within 24 weeks from the date of registration or before date of UAN expiration, 11/01/2026, whichever comes first. This course will no longer be eligible for CE credit after 11/01/2026.
Review the treatment and management of various endocrinology and bone health conditions that are commonly managed in the ambulatory care setting. Learners will have the opportunity to apply the content learned to develop patient-specific individualized treatment plans in the context of the disease states reviewed.
This course is approved by the Florida Board of Pharmacy for 6.5 contact hours to meet requirements pursuant to CHAPTER 64B16-26, Florida Statutes, and Rule 64B16-26.300, Florida Administrative Code.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Interpret clinical and laboratory tests related to disease and medication management for common endocrinology and bone health conditions seen in the ambulatory care setting.
- Use clinical practice guidelines to establish goals of therapy, gaps in care, and appropriateness of pharmacological and nonpharmacological interventions for common endocrinology and bone health conditions seen in the ambulatory care setting.
- Assess patient-specific information to create an individualized care plan including appropriateness, efficacy, and safety for drug therapy and lifestyle modifications for common endocrinology and bone health conditions seen in the ambulatory care setting.
- Develop appropriate follow-up and monitoring strategies to evaluate patient response to drug therapy for common endocrinology and bone health conditions seen in the ambulatory care setting.
Lecture 1.1: Diabetes Mellitus
Lecture 1.2: Obesity
Lecture 1.3: Arthritis
Lecture 1.4: Osteoporosis
Lecture 1.5: Thyroid Disorders
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
In order to earn credit for this course, participants must pass a final assessment with a score of 70% or higher. Two chances to pass the assessment will be given. If a passing score is not earned by the second attempt, the participant must re-enroll in the course. Upon successful completion of all coursework, participants must complete a course evaluation form.
To access your course after enrollment, please click the link below.
Click the blue “Log in to Continuing Education” button and enter your login credentials. You should then see your course on the Canvas dashboard or by clicking Courses>All Courses.
Eric A Dietrich, Pharm.D., BCACP, CPC-A, CEMC, CPB (speaker) has disclosed that he receives an unrestricted Investigator-initiated Research Grant from BMS/Pfizer. All of the relevant financial relationships listed for Dr. Dietrich have been mitigated. No other speaker, reviewer, or planning committee member in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
Eric A Dietrich Pharm.D., BCACP, CPC-A, CEMC, CPB
Teresa E Roane PharmD, MBA, BCACP
Lihui Yuan Pharm.D., Ph.D., R.Ph.
Carol A Motycka Pharm.D., BCACP
Please review the resources below before registering for the course.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.