- Intended Audience: Pharmacists interested associated with the Shands Residency Program
- Universal Activity Number: 0012-0000-22-032-L99-P
- Contact Hours: 1.0 General hours of ACPE continuing education for pharmacists
- Program Fees: Complimentary for pharmacists associated with the Shands Residency Program
- Dates Available: 07/01/2022-06/30/2023
- Activity Type: Knowledge
- Program Support: No outside financial support was provided.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Review relevant epidemiology, pathophysiology, and etiology of disease states encountered by pharmacists at a tertiary care health system.
- Describe pertinent pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of medications utilized in disease state management.
- Discuss emerging literature and therapeutic roles of relevant medications for optimal disease state management.
- Explain applicable new policies, protocols, and technologies that can enhance the provision of pharmacy services at a tertiary care health system.
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
Attendance at the RSS Grand Rounds presentation and submit an evaluation within 15 days of the presentation.
Schedule of Activities
|TItle||Presenter||Date and Time|
|“Making Dollars and Sense of the 340B Drug Pricing Program”||Brooke Baggett, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS||September 14, 2022|
|“Nontuberculous Mycobacteria: The ‘Florida Man’ of ID?”||Kunjan Shah, Pharm.D.||October 6, 2022|
|“What’s New in Code Blue?”||Ariel Haber, Pharm.D.||October 12, 2022|
|“Review of Naegleria fowleri Infections”||Nicole Durante, Pharm.D.||October 19, 2022|
|“The aDAPTable brain: Antithrombotic Management after ischemic stroke”||Joshua Bilbery, Pharm.D.||October 19, 2022|
|“Advances and Comparisons of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) Treatment in Pediatric vs. Adult Patients”||Lauren Bivacca, Pharm.D. and Tori Gray, Pharm.D.||October 26, 2022|
|“Under Pressure: Hyperosmolar Therapy in Cerebral Edema”||Jacob Barnett, Pharm.D.||November 2, 2022|
|“Carb-e Diem: Management of Valproic Acid (VPA) Toxicity”||Kyle Gash, Pharm.D.||November 2, 2022|
|“A Review of the Parkinson’s Clinical Guidelines and Advancements in Therapy”||Dominic Bracken, Pharm.D. and Nicholas Hingle, Pharm.D.||November 9, 2022|
|“β-lactam Resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosa: Have we Rxhausted our options?”||Briana Wiliams, Pharm.D.||November 16, 2022|
|“I got UL97 problems, but maribavir inhibits one! Review of maribavir for resistant and refractory CMV Infections”||Albert Tieu, Pharm.D.||November 16, 2022|
The following speakers, reviewers, and planning committee members have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial disclosures. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
Please review the resources below before registering for the course.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.