This event is co-sponsored by the UF College of Pharmacy Office of Continuing Pharmacy Education and the Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity.
- Intended Audience: Pharmacists in all practice settings
- Universal Activity Number: 0012-0000-22-009-H04-P
- Contact Hours: 1.0 hours of ACPE approved continuing education for pharmacists
- Program Fees: $10.00
- UAN Release Date: 03/30/2022
- UAN Expiration Date: 03/30/2025
- Activity Type: Knowledge
- Program Support: No outside financial support was provided.
In this continuing education program, we will identify legal barriers for transgender patients to access and obtain appropriate and necessary healthcare resources. Apply proper pronoun use, gain an understanding of legal name change and “dead naming” of a transgender patient.
At the completion of this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Relate the need for legal authenticity for transgender individuals to optimal patient care
- Explain the current healthcare gaps for transgender patients in obtaining and accessing optimal care
Speaker and Disclosure Statements
John M Allen Pharm.D., BCPS, BCCCP, FCCM, FCCP
Oliver Grundmann Ph.D.
Simone Chriss. J.D, Esq.,Civil Rights Attorney for the non-profit public interest organization Southern Legal Counsel (SLC)
Disclosure Statement: None of our speakers, reviewers, or planning committee members have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial disclosures. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
Schedule of Activities and Requirements for Successful Course Completion
Review the course material, receive a 70% or higher on the post-test, and submit a course evaluation.
Please review the resources below before registering for the course.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.