This event is co-sponsored by the UF College of Pharmacy Office of Continuing Pharmacy Education and the Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity.
- Intended Audience: Pharmacists in all practice settings
- Universal Activity Number: 0012-0000-22-008-H04-P
- Contact Hours: 1.0 hours of ACPE approved continuing education for pharmacists
- Program Fees: $10.00
- Dates Available: 04/01/2022 – 04/01/2025
- Activity Type: Knowledge
In this continuing education program, we will recognizes and addresses differences and barriers in access to healthcare among transgender individuals such as Hispanic and Black/African-American transgender patients, HIV positive patients, elderly or adolescent transgender patients.
At the completion of this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Identify health disparities transgender persons may face in the healthcare system
- Assess the needs to transgender patients in regards to holistic therapy, including pharmacotherapy, at various stages of transitioning
Speaker and Disclosure Statements
John M Allen Pharm.D., BCPS, BCCCP, FCCM, FCCP
Oliver Grundmann Ph.D.
Tam Phan, Pharm.D., AAHIVP, Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Southern California School of Pharmacy
Disclosure Statement: None of our speakers, reviewers, or planning committee members have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial disclosures. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
Please review the resources below before registering for the course.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.