This event is co-sponsored by the UF College of Pharmacy Office of Continuing Pharmacy Education and the Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity.
- Intended Audience: Pharmacists in all practice settings
- Universal Activity Number: 0012-0000-21-026-H04-P
- Contact Hours: 1.5 hours of ACPE approved continuing education for pharmacists
- Program Fees: $10.00
- Dates Available: 06/13/2021 – 06/13/2024
- Activity Type: Knowledge
In this continuing education program, we will address the role of the pharmacist in the care of transgender patients. The activity addresses communication with patients on the use of correct pronouns, appropriate terminology, gender affirming care with pharmacological and non-pharmacological means, creating a welcoming pharmacy environment, and training of colleagues, staff, and outreach to the community to lend further support to transgender health issues.
At the completion of this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Discuss communication strategies to engage diverse patients using appropriate pronouns and language, especially in communicating with transgender and non-binary patients.
- Review stages of gender affirming therapy, including hormone therapy, and their use to assist transgender patients during the transition period.
- Identify factors that impact transgender healthcare and actions that pharmacists can take to support this patient population.
Faculty and Disclosure Statements
John M Allen Pharm.D., BCPS, BCCCP, FCCM, FCCP
Oliver Grundmann Ph.D.
Sam J. Miller, Pharm.D. ,RPh, AAHIVP (they/them, he/him)
PGY-1 Community-based Pharmacy Resident
The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy -Equitas Health
Disclosure Statement: None of our speakers, reviewers, or planning committee members have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial disclosures. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
Please review the resources below before registering for the course.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.