This self-paced, fully online program program is intended for licensed consultant pharmacists seeking continuing education for licensure renewal.
About the Self-Paced, Online Program
- Intended Audience: This program is intended for licensed consultant pharmacists in the State of Florida seeking continuing education for licensure renewal.
- Universal Activity Number: 0012-0000-21-018-H04-P
- Contact Hours: 15 contact hours of ACPE continuing education for pharmacist for initial licensure; approved by the Florida Board of Pharmacy to meet requirements pursuant to Section 465.0125, Florida Statutes, and Rule 64B16-26.300, Florida Administrative Code.
- Program Fees: $349.00 for recertification
- Activity Type: Application
This self-paced, fully online program is intended for licensed consultant pharmacists seeking continuing education for licensure renewal. This course will provide a review of regulatory requirements and clinical knowledge necessary to practice as a consultant pharmacist in the state of Florida.
Visit the Florida Board of Pharmacy website to view a full list of requirements to become renew your consultant pharmacist license in the State of Florida.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the regulatory authorities, licensure requirements and facility permits necessary for consultant pharmacy services in the state of Florida.
- Understand standards, accreditation and survey processes that apply to hospital consultant pharmacy practice.
- Understand federal indicators and survey processes that apply to long term care consultant pharmacy practice.
- Perform a Medication Regimen Review and document and communicate findings to the facility health care team.
- Describe the administrative roles of the consultant pharmacist and policy and procedures necessary for consultant pharmacy practice settings.
- Describe the professional responsibilities and clinical skills of the consultant pharmacist in various practice settings.
- Understand Collaborative Practice Agreements in the State of Florida, including laws, regulations, barriers and benefits.
- Discuss the skills necessary to perform patient assessments and identify appropriate testing for treatment of specific conditions..
Have a question? We can help!