This self-paced, fully online program program is intended for licensed consultant pharmacists seeking continuing education for licensure renewal. This course is approved by the Florida Board of Pharmacy for 15 consultant recertification hours.
About the Self-Paced, Online Program
- Intended Audience: This program is intended for licensed consultant pharmacists in the State of Florida seeking continuing education for licensure renewal.
- Universal Activity Number: 0012-0000-21-034-H04-P
- Contact Hours: 15 contact hours of ACPE continuing education for pharmacist for initial licensure.
- Program Fees: $349.00 for recertification
- UAN Release Date: 12/09/2021
- UAN Expiration Date: 12/1/2024
- Activity Type: Application
- Format Type: This course is self-paced, fully online.
- Time to Complete: All coursework must be completed 24 weeks from the date of registration.
This self-paced, fully online program is intended for licensed consultant pharmacists seeking continuing education for licensure renewal. This course will provide a review of regulatory requirements and clinical knowledge necessary to practice as a consultant pharmacist in the state of Florida.
This course is approved by the Florida Board of Pharmacy for 15.0 contact hours to meet requirements pursuant to CHAPTER 64B16-26, Florida Statutes, and Rule 64B16-26.300, Florida Administrative Code.
Visit the Florida Board of Pharmacy website to view a full list of requirements to become renew your consultant pharmacist license in the State of Florida.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the regulatory authorities, licensure requirements and facility permits necessary for consultant pharmacy services in the state of Florida.
- Understand standards, accreditation and survey processes that apply to hospital consultant pharmacy practice.
- Understand federal indicators and survey processes that apply to long term care consultant pharmacy practice.
- Perform a Medication Regimen Review and document and communicate findings to the facility health care team.
- Describe the administrative roles of the consultant pharmacist and policy and procedures necessary for consultant pharmacy practice settings.
- Describe the professional responsibilities and clinical skills of the consultant pharmacist in various practice settings.
- Understand Collaborative Practice Agreements in the State of Florida, including laws, regulations, barriers and benefits.
- Discuss the skills necessary to perform patient assessments and identify appropriate testing for treatment of specific conditions..
Have a question? We can help!