- Intended Audience: Pharmacists
- Universal Activity Number: 012-0000-21-003-H06-P
- Contact Hours: 1.75
- Program Fees: $10.00
- Dates Available: 01/13/2021 – 01/13/2024
- Activity Type: Knowledge
The two vaccines against Covid-19 which have received emergency use authorization in the US, utilize messenger-RNA technology. In this interactive question and answer session, the mechanism of action of these vaccines as well as their efficacy and safety profiles will be discussed. Furthermore, consideration of the use of mRNA vaccines in special patient populations will be reviewed.
- Review the FDA approval process for the Pfizer/Biontech and Moderna vaccines
- Discuss individual vaccine characteristics including efficacy, safety, potential side effects, and use in special populations
- Compare and contrast the Pfizer/Biontech and Moderna vaccines
- Describe the COVID vaccine allocation strategy
Disclosure Statement: None of our speakers, reviewers, or planning committee members have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial disclosures. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
Please review the resources below before registering for the course.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.