- Intended Audience: Consultant pharmacists of pharmacists interested in precision medicine
- Universal Activity Number: 0012-0000-19-028-H04-P
- Contact Hours: 15.0 hours of ACPE continuing education for pharmacists
- Program Fees: $299.00
- Dates Available: 09/13/2019 to 09/13/2022
- Activity Type: Knowledge
- Program Support: No outside financial support was provided.
- Format Type: This course is self-paced, fully online.
- Time to Complete: All coursework must be completed by 09/13/2022.
This program focuses on equipping pharmacists to translate pharmacogenomics science into daily practice. Renowned speakers provide practice insight on individualizing drug therapy, laboratory testing, reimbursement and other emerging precision medicine topics.
This course is approved by the Florida Board of Pharmacy for 15.0 contact hours to meet requirements pursuant to CHAPTER 64B16-26, Florida Statutes, and Rule 64B16-26.300, Florida Administrative Code.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the current state of knowledge and emerging trends in precision medicine in clinical practice.
- Apply genetic and pharmacogenetic data to solve complex patient cases.
- Use pharmacogenetic testing in a multidisciplinary primary care practice.
- Demonstrate the case for preemptive pharmacogenomic testing in a variety of clinical settings.
- Describe challenges and solutions for the application of precision medicine in diverse patient populations.
- Illustrate solutions to common precision medicine implementation barriers.
- Discuss emerging ethical, legal and social implications in precision medicine, including liability and health disparity.
Schedule of Activities and Requirements for Successful Course Completion
Review all course materials, view the recorded lectures, achieve a passing score of 70% or more on final exam, and complete the program evaluation.
A full list of the program faculty can be found on the speaker page.
The following speakers, reviewers, and planning committee members have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial disclosures. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
Meghan J. Arwood, Pharm.D., BCPS
Jeffrey Bishop, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS, FCCP
Adam H. Buchanan, M.S., MPH, CGC
Larisa Cavallari, Pharm. D.
Emily Cicali, Pharm.D.
Christopher R. Cogle, M.D.
Rhonda Cooper-DeHoff, Pharm.D., M.S., FAHA, FACC
Kristine Crews, Pharm.D.
Joshua Charles Denny, MD, MS
Julio Duarte, Pharm.D., Ph.D.
Ben Quang Duong, Pharm.D.
Susanne Haga, Ph.D.
Carol Horowitz, M.D. MPH
Peter J. Hulick, M.D., MMSc
Julie Johnson, Pharm.D
Jason H. Karnes, Pharm.D., Ph.D.
Ann Moyer, M.D., Ph.D.
David R. Nelson, M.D.
Alexander Parker, Ph.D., M.S.
Hari K. Parvataneni, M.D.
Sonja A. Rasmussen, M.D., M.S.
Marci Schwartz, M.S., LGC
Maxwell Smith III, PharmD, BCPS
Lauren B. Solberg, J.D., MTS
Christine Walko, Pharm.D., BCOP, FCCP
Kristin Wiisanen, Pharm.D., FAPhA
The following speakers, reviewers, and planning committee members have disclosed the following:
- Euan A. Ashley, BSc, MB, ChB, FRCP, DPhil, FAHA, FACC, FESC has disclosed that he is a consult for Myokardia.
- William S. Dalton, M.D., Ph.D. has disclosed that he is employed by M2Gen, a for-profit health information solutions company.
- David DeRemer, Pharm.D., BCOP, FCCP has disclosed that he is on the advisory board for Amgen.
- Mark Dunnenberger, Pharm.D., BCPS has disclosed that he is a consultant for Veritas Genetics and Admera Health.
- Mia Mehanna, MS, has disclosed that she receives grant/research support from the National Institute of Health Pharmaogenetics Research.
- Howard McLeod, PharmD. has disclosed he is a consultant for Viecure, affiliated with the Genentech speakers bureau, and a shareholder for Cancer Genetics and Interpares Biomedicine.
- Duane A. Mitchell, MD, PhD has disclosed that he receives grant/research support from Immunomic Therapeutics and is a consultant for Bristol Myers-Squibb, Tocagen, and Oncarus. He also holds shares in iOncologi, Inc., and receives other financial or material support from Annias Immunotherapeutics and Celldex Therapuetics
Please review the resources below before registering for the course.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.