- Intended Audience: Consultant pharmacists or pharmacists interested in Alzheimer’s Disease
- Universal Activity Number: 0012-0000-22-003-H01-P
- Contact Hours: 3.0 Consultant Recertification/General
- Program Fees:
- Regular Registration: $55.00
- UF Preceptor/Career Coach: $50.00
- UF COP Faculty: $45.00
- UAN Release Date: 02/18/2022
- UAN Expiration Date: 02/18/2024
- Activity Type: Knowledge
- Program Support: No outside financial support was provided.
- Format Type: This course is self-paced, fully online.
- Time to Complete: All coursework must be completed within 24 weeks from the date of registration or before date of UAN expiration, 2/18/2024, whichever comes first. This course will no longer be eligible for CE credit after 2/18/2024.
This Alzheimer’s disease continuing education course covers pharmacologic and medical therapies, the role of pharmacists in caring for patients with Alzheimer’s, strategies for addressing the effects of the disease, and ways to support families and caregivers.
This course is approved by the Florida Board of Pharmacy for 3.0 contact hours to meet requirements pursuant to CHAPTER 64B16-26, Florida Statutes, and Rule 64B16-26.300, Florida Administrative Code.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology and public impact of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Summarize the pathophysiology of aging and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Recognize risk factors for disease and measures for prevention.
- Distinguish clinical manifestations of the disease versus normal aging.
- Evaluate strategies for individualized patient care.
- Describe pharmacologic and medical therapies available for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Identify new and emerging developments in disease management.
- Discuss factors regarding rehabilitation for patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Provide support and resources for families and caregivers.
- Describe legal and ethical considerations in the management of Alzheimer’s disease.
Program Material: Management and Advancements of Alzheimer’s Disease monograph (pdf) (provided digitally within course)
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
In order to earn credit for this course, participants must read the Management and Advancements of Alzheimer’s Disease monograph and pass a final assessment with a score of 70% or higher. Two chances to pass the final assessment will be given. If a passing score is not earned by the second attempt, the participant must re-enroll in the course. Upon successful completion of all coursework, participants must complete a course evaluation form.
To access your course after enrollment, please click the link below.
Click the blue “Log in to Continuing Education” button and enter your login credentials. You should then see your course on the Canvas dashboard or by clicking Courses>All Courses.
The following speakers, reviewers, and planning committee members have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial disclosures. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
Randell E Doty Pharm.D.
- Joseph S. Ladd, Pharm.D, BCPS (Author)
Please review the resources below before registering for the course.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.