This course is approved by the Florida Board of Pharmacy for 3 consultant recertification hours.
- Intended Audience: Pharmacists interested in genomic medicine
- Universal Activity Number: 0012-0000-20-032-H04-P
- Contact Hours: 3.0 hours of ACPE continuing education for pharmacists
- Program Fees: 50.00
- Dates Available: 05/06/2020 – 05/06/2023
- Activity Type: Knowledge
- Program Support: No outside financial support was provided.
- Format Type: This course is self-paced, fully online.
- Time to Complete: All coursework must be completed by 05/06/2023.
Experts in the field of genomic medicine will provide an overview of how to implement precision medicine in your health system and whether or not polygenic risk scores and preventative genomics deliver will play a role in precision medicine. The current and future landscape surrounding testing newborns will also be discussed. Content is based on the Precision Medicine Conference hosted February 2020.
This course is approved by the Florida Board of Pharmacy for 3.0 contact hours to meet requirements pursuant to CHAPTER 64B16-26, Florida Statutes, and Rule 64B16-26.300, Florida Administrative Code.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the current state of knowledge and emerging trends in precision medicine across a broad range of therapeutic areas including pharmacogenomics, preventive disease risk assessment, universal genomic screening, newborn screening, precision oncology, and the use of microbial genomics in infection control.
- Demonstrate the regulatory oversight and need for application of evidence-based medicine principles in precision medicine and clinical pharmacogenomics.
- Describe challenges and solutions for the application of precision medicine in patient care.
- Compare and contrast approaches to implementing precision medicine in a variety of clinical settings.
The following speakers, reviewers, and planning committee members have disclosed that he/she has no relevant financial disclosures. No one else in a position to control content has any financial relationships to disclose.
- April Schultz, Pharm.D., R.Ph.
- David R. Nelson, M.D.
- Eimear E. Kenny, Ph.D.
- Stephen Rich, Ph.D.
- Sonja A. Rasmussen, M.D., M.S.
The following speakers, reviewers, and planning committee members have disclosed the following:
- James Crawford, M.D., Ph.D. has disclosed that he is “President” of Northwell Health Genomics Alliance, a Northwell joint venture with OPKO/ BioRefeence Laboratories for the performance of genetic/genomic lab testing for Northwell.
- Kurt D. Christensen, Ph.D. has disclosed that he has received grant/ research support from Sanford Health (Sanford Imagenetics).
- Matthew Farrer, Ph.D. has disclosed that he is a stock shareholder and has shares in Neurocode Labs Inc.
Schedule of Activities and Requirements for Successful Course Completion
Review the course material, receive a 70% or higher on the post-test, and submit a course evaluation.
Please review the resources below before registering for the course.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.