Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services
July 19, 2014 – Apopka
2725 S Binion Road
*Registration is limited to 30 participants
American Pharmacists Association
and the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists
LIVE – varies
Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services certificate training program is an active learning seminar in which participants practice a variety of communication techniques to elicit a patient’s medication experience and identify medication-related problems, using cases based on the real-life experiences of MTM providers. Participants will gain experience interviewing patients, identifying and prioritizing medication-related problems, developing and implementing interventions, and documenting activities. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to explore various business models and billing strategies and discuss plans for implementation. Additional pre-seminar self-study modules, case studies, hands-on patient interviews, and assessment practice sessions, pharmacists will obtain the clinical knowledge and skills needed to establish medication therapy management services.
- Advance public health and patient care through improved medication use.
- Provide training to enhance pharmacists’ ability to effectively provide MTM services.
- Motivate increases numbers of pharmacists to establish MTM services.
- Communicate benchmark practices for providing MTM services.
To earn a Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) Credit and/or a Certificate of Achievement, participants must meet all the following requirements:
1. Read the self-study modules in their entirety and successfully complete the self-study assessment. A score of 80% or better is required. Participants may have a maximum of two attempts to achieve a passing score. Successful completion of the self-study component will result in 10.0 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education credits (1.0 CEU).
2. Attend a live training seminar offering and complete the online evaluation. Successful completion of evaluation will result in 8.0 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education credit (0.80 CEU) 3. Complete online Affirmation statement of Post Seminar Exercise.
Successful completion of online affirmation will result in 3.0 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education credit (0.30 CEU).
Must complete and pass self-study module, attend the entire live session and submit an online evaluation. The University of Florida College of Pharmacy will report CPE credit to CPE Monitor and CEBroker when applicable. If you would like a paper statement of credit, you may print it from your NABP e-profile.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.